Sunday, April 6, 2008
Insights About Myself Given this Blogging Experience
Until I had this assignment, I had read only a few blogs recreationally. I did not realize the implications that blogging could have for educating or counseling students. When used responsibly, blogging can be an excellent resource and means of communication and collaboration for educators. As for myself, I learned much about the technical aspect of setting up a blog, editing, and posting. There is a wealth of information on any particular subject on the internet; it takes time to sort through all of it, and it can be overwhelming. Done correctly, a blog can condense and summarize, saving the reader time and frustration. It offers the additional bonus of providing a format to discuss the information with other readers. I learned that I enjoy communicating with others and discussing various educational issues. I also enjoy learning about new technologies and how to apply them in my practice. This will be of great help as I continue my own education.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Teaching and Learning Strategies
| As educators, we are interested in sharing strategies to educate students on basic internet use and protect students against being bullied online. The Teacher's Page at http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/teach/kidsonline is a great resource. Counselors and/or teachers can present the Frontline video to students to initiate a discussion of this important topic. There is a lesson plan, "How Did My Space Become Your Space" and two student handouts guiding students to investigate and reflect on the social network experience. Teachers, check out these resources and let us know what you think! |
No comments:
Post a Comment